In April 2013, the Government announced new funding of £150 million for physical education (PE) and sport. This funding should be used to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision.
Funding will be allocated to all maintained and state-funded schools with primary phase pupils, including: primary, middle, special and non-maintained special schools, academies and pupil referral units from 1 September 2013.
Schools are free to determine how best to use this funding to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision, including increasing participation in PE and sport so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of.
· Annual membership with Youth Sports Trust - providing resources and training for teaching staff
· Release staff for training courses/sporting events
· External coaches to work with teaching staff –
Gary Weatherburn – Tennis with Y3 and Y4
InsideOut Enterprises – Multi-skills with YR, Y1, Y2
Athletics with Y3 and Y4
Kwik Cricket with Y5 and Y6
· Subsidising swimming costs to ensure ALL children access swimming classes
· Ensuring PE resources are available and of a high quality to enable high quality PE and Sport across the school.
· Running Change for Life clubs